Saturday, May 11, 2013

Learning in the Cloud

Here's a video created by English teacher Jen Roberts in which she highlights using cloud computing in the classroom. Which of the tools that she mentions have you tried? What are your thoughts about converting to a cloud-based environment in which student work is no longer kept on paper or stored on a computer or computer network, but rather accessible on the Internet from a variety of sources?



Jen Roberts' Classroom in the Cloud from Jen Roberts on Vimeo.

Jen placed this video on the University of San Diego Department of Learning and Teaching Facebook page. Recently, the University posted that Jen won the Classroom in the Clouds Video Challenge. Jen teaches at Point Loma High School in California. To contact Jen, find her on Twitter @JenRoberts1. In fact, follow her to see how one high school teacher uses Twitter.










4 comments:

@TheJenRoberts said...

Judy, Thank you for posting about my video. I never set out to move my classroom to the cloud. We just migrated there because it made things easier. I write a lot about how I'm teaching and my own learning at http://whatdoyouteach.blogspot.com/ in case anyone is interested.

floworks said...

I really like the posting about cloud. I learn a lot about it in your post..

Matt said...

AWESOME!!

Andrea Rosenfield said...

Yep, Google Docs is a brilliant tool! You can't beat the collaborative features, opportunities for documentation and commenting on students work even after school hours, and the elimination of all that paper clutter. Realistically, I see Google Docs as a tool that can best be implemented at the secondary level. My opinion might certainly change with further discussion and examples of effective elementary use, but I'm not sure this is feasible in a primary classroom. Do you know of any elementary teachers that have used Google Docs with younger students?

Blog Archive

Contributors